The Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle Plan (Paleo Diet)
The Paleo + Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle Plan
We are constantly changing and adding to our paleo/ anti-inflammatory menu. (Designed to meet the needs of most doctor recommended anti-inflammatory/ paleo/ whole foods diets including the maintenance Phase of the SHAPE or hCG plans). We are passionate about healthy eating and have experienced the joy of watching our customers’ health flourish with this lifestyle.
On this plan, we are focused on creating meals that include foods considered to be anti-inflammatory or inflammatory neutral.
Chronic inflammation causes a host of issues in our body and frequently results in inflammatory diseases such as;
Cancer, diabetes, depression, heart disease, COPD, stroke, Alzheimer’s, dementia, chronic pain, arthritis, crones, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, autoimmune disorders, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pelvic inflammatory disease, acid reflux, acne, dermatitis, eczema, atherosclerosis, carditis, celiac, edema, fibromyalgia, cirrhosis, gingivitis, hepatitis, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, joint pain, metabolic syndrome, myostis, nephritis, obesity, osteopenia, osteoporosis, parkinsons, sjogrens, psoriasas, sinusitis, systematic candidasis, tendonitis, spastic colon and more. Scientists are even studying the relationship to autism, ADD and other diagnoses.
Many doctors recommend eating an anti-inflammatory diet to help support the bodies natural healing process to prevent and reverse disease.
We find that our Paleo friendly, Anti-Inflammatory lifestyle meals often meets or exceeds these doctors’ recommendations.
How Does The Program Work?
- We are committed to quality, low allergen, anti-inflammatory foods.
- Most of our meals are free of ingredients that are processed or that contain: gluten, GMO soy, dairy, refined sugar, corn, legumes and grains.
- There are no order requirements. No commitments. We believe the quality of our meals will keep you wanting more 😉
- Most of our meals can be frozen for your convenience. This allows you the flexibility to have meals on hand without knowing your schedule ahead of time.
- We serve a menu of different paleo dishes each week along with several frozen choices that are available on a first come, first served basis. We send out a new menu every Sunday at noon through email. If your credit card is on file with us, you simply respond to the email letting us know which meals you would like for that week. If you prefer to order online, you are able to see the menu selections for the following week each Friday afternoon.
- We offer meals a la carte and weekly, or on our monthly (4 week) plan. All monthly (4 week) plans include free delivery.
- You are always able to customize your menu selections. If you choose a monthly plan and need to hold service at any time, just let us know by Monday of your delivery week and we are happy to accommodate your request.
- Meals are available for pick-up or delivery throughout the Greater St. Louis area. Pick-up’s are at no extra charge; most deliveries are $10 or less regardless of order size. See our delivery information below.
What Do We Consider Anti-Inflammatory?
- We fill our meals with healthy vegetables, oils, spices, meats, fruits and nuts. We focus on quality and flavor. Even the pickiest of eaters have been amazed to be trying and loving new things.
- Processed Foods: We avoid processed foods. Our dips, dressings and marinades are all made in house to avoid the chemicals and preservatives found in most commercially prepared foods.
- Oils: We stick to the good stuff 😉 Peanut, safflower, sunflower, canola, soybean, and corn oils are OUT! Healthy oils such as: olive, coconut, walnut, and sesame are all we use.
- Additives/ Preservatives: We purposefully select foods that are natural and free of synthetic chemicals and preservatives whenever possible.
- Grains: We do not serve foods or seasonings that include: wheat, gluten, corn, canola, oats, rice, quinoa, barley and millet.
- Legumes: We do not serve beans (kidney, black, white, pinto, chick peas, lentils, etc.) We also do not serve Peas or Peanuts (including peanut butter). No worries, you won’t miss them. Our house made almond butter will knock your socks off!
- Soy: Also a bean, this common allergen is found in many processed foods. We do not use products containing soy with the exception of Braggs liquid aminos. Braggs is non-GMO certified and is considered by many to be a gluten free paleo friendly substitute for soy sauce.
- Corn: From high fructose corn syrup to modified corn starch this common allergen is showing up in many commercially processed foods. Read your labels carefully. We are careful to avoid products containing corn.
- Sugar: We use natural sweeteners in limited quantities. Examples of sweeteners we use on occasion include: Natural fruits (such as dates or oranges) small amounts of maple syrup or honey.
- Artificial sweeteners: We do not use artificial sweeteners such as Acesulfame potassium (Sunett®, Sweet One®), Aspartame (Equal®, NutraSweet®), Neotame, Saccharin (SugarTwin®, Sweet’N Low®), or Sucralose (Splenda®). We may use the natural, plant based sweetener “Stevia”; we love the Sweet Leaf® brand.
- Alcohol: Some of our recipes include wine or small amounts of alcohol (cooked in) for flavor.
- Potatoes: We avoid white potatoes of all kinds. We do include sweet potatoes in some recipes.
Click here for information on meal delivery and pickup times.